Skip Hire FAQ
1. How do I know what size skip I will need?
Please click here for details of skip sizes, or you can call us for advice.
2. Do I need a skip permit from the local authority when hiring a skip?
Only if you want the skip placed on the road, pavement or on public property. Local authorities charge a fee for the permit, which varies depending on your local authority. Please contact our sales team on 0800 037 2930 they will arrange your permit when you place your skip order.
3. How long can I keep a skip for?
Our normal Skip Hire period is for one week (7 days).
4. How much notice is needed to book a skip?
Depending on whether it is a weekday or weekend delivery or collection we offer same day and next day service.
5. Do you offer a service for commercial builders and sub-contractors?
Yes we do. Please click here to complete our Trade Enquiry Form.
6. What do I do if I cannot get a permit?
LSC provides a 'wait & load' service, simply choose the “wait & load” option when ordering your skip online and our driver will wait whilst you load the skip. However, it is very rare a council will refuse a skip permit.
7. How much can I put in the skip?
All skips must not be loaded higher than a level load.
8. Is there anything I cannot put into a skip?
Asbestos, tyres, fridges, microwaves, televisions, computers and freezers are not allowed to be loaded into the skip. Please check our Terms & Conditions.
9. What happens to our rubbish?
The waste is taken to a Waste Recycling Centre where it is sorted and processed to maximize the percentage of material recycled and diverted from landfill.
10. Is it cheaper if I have the skip for a shorter period of time?
No. The skip price charged is to dispose of the materials put in the skip. The skip can be on hire for up to a maximum one week (7 days).
Click here for a full list of locations covered by postcode: